ACCOUNTING AND PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
Our program focuses on teaching you the core accounting principles that you need to succeed in a business environment. From accounts payable and accounts receivable to cash flows and balance sheets, you’ll get the skills and training that employers want.
Payroll training opens even more doors for possible job opportunities. Preparing payroll to Canadian standards is not just important - it’s the law. With our Accounting and Payroll Administrator program you will study and have the opportunity to write the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification exams on campus.
- 10-week field placement
- Successful graduates of this program will be eligible to pursue the other requirements for PCP certification issued by the CPA
ARE YOU CAREER TRAINING READY? FIND OUT!
Take a quick and easy quiz to find out more about yourself, your goals, and identify your strengths and social style. This quiz gives you suggestions for what career areas you might consider based on your likes and preferences. Give it a try now!
Take the Quiz
The Accounting and Payroll Administrator program will qualify graduates to pursue positions such as Payroll Administrator, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk and Accounting Assistant. Note: Some career and education options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience.
Successful graduates of this program who earn the appropriate passing grades for the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) courses, namely Payroll Compliance Legislation, Payroll Fundamentals I and Payroll Fundamentals II (a minimum of 65% overall in each course, and earn at least 65% on each of the final exams), will be eligible to pursue CPA’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification. The PCP designation is nationally recognized as the standard of excellence for payroll training.
To be fully certified, PCP candidates must satisfy other criteria:• Obtain the Introduction to Accounting transfer of credit;
• Maintain CPA membership either through an individual membership (a 1-year individual Associate Membership is included in this Eastern program), or through a company that has a Business membership;
• Complete the CPA’s Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA) process, to demonstrate 1 year of experience (within 5 years after the start of the Payroll Compliance Legislation course) in which your job role involves paying employees accurately and on time, in compliance with legislative requirements, contributing to the full annual payroll cycle.
• Complete the online Certification Declaration.
EMPLOYERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY HIRED EASTERN GRADS
- ADP Canada
- Research Productivity Council
- Wood Motors Ford
- Social Development
- ABC Tax and Accounting
Grade 12 or equivalent or mature student status. Please call the campus for more details
Discover a rewarding career in the business sector!
Contact Eastern College now to book a free career consultation, simply fill out the form on this page to get started!