Interested in helping and treating others who may suffer with acute and chronic pain? Whether you’re helping to reduce stress or providing relief from muscle conditions, the Massage Therapy program at Eastern College is an ideal fit if you’re interested in promoting health and wellness.
Not only will you learn the technical massage techniques and skills required for this career, you’ll also walk away with knowledge on client relations and business best practices to get you working in Massage Therapy.
- Real-world work experience with clinical outreach sessions
- Recognized by the Massage Therapy Association of Nova Scotia (MTANS), the Association of New Brunswick Massage Therapists (ANBMT), the New Brunswick Massotherapy Association (NBMA) and the Newfoundland and Labrador Massage Therapist Association (NLMTA)
ARE YOU CAREER TRAINING READY? FIND OUT!
Take a quick and easy quiz to find out more about yourself, your goals, and identify your strengths and social style. This quiz gives you suggestions for what career areas you might consider based on your likes and preferences. Give it a try now!
Take the Quiz
The Massage Therapy Diploma program will qualify grads to pursue positions in private clinics, multi-disciplinary clinics, spas, wellness centers and self-employment.
EMPLOYERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY HIRED EASTERN GRADS
- Massage Addict
- Advanced Health & Physiotherapy
- A Human Touch Massage Clinic
- Nova Physiotherapy
- 360 Health
- Rehab One
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent or mature student status. Please call the campus for more details.
• Proof of medical examination and immunization
• Clear code of conduct
• Vulnerable sector search
RESOURCE ARTICLE: THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
It would be tough to find someone who does not enjoy a good massage, but have you ever thought about just how important massage therapy is? A massage therapist physically manipulates areas of a patient’s body in order to reach a desired outcome. This can increase blood flow, which is important for normal bodily function. It can also release nerves, which aid in the person’s comfort and pain reduction.
Not so long ago, it was believed that only athletes made regular use of massage, but many different types of people also now enjoy this ancient art’s benefits ...continue reading!
Discover a rewarding career in healthcare!
Contact Eastern College now to book a free career consultation, simply fill out the form on this page to get started!